1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Squier Jazz Bass Electronics - Help!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Chifilis, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Chifilis

Chifilis

Hello

Reciently I noticied that my bass sounded different of other basses of the same model (Vintage Modified Jazz Bass) so I checked the electronics and one cable is loose and also believe the solding in general is wrong (compared to the diagrams I saw) But i'm no really sure because I can find the exact diagram of my model, please tell me if it's ok or not.

[​IMG]

2. JeffG667

JeffG667 Supporting Member

You look fine, other than the ground wire seems to have come loose. It's a really easy fix if you can do just basic soldering. Check out Seymour Duncan website/wiring diagram for very clear and printable pics of where to solder your loose cable. That would def make your sound pretty rackety with that wire loose. Good luck!

3. Lownote38

Lownote38

Yeh, that ground wire needs to be soldered to the back of that middle pot. It looks like that bass has been seriously re-wired at some point. There also seem to be 4 ground wires soldered to the back of the pot all the way to the right in your picture. Where are all those coming from???