Squier Matt Freeman Precision Bass Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wilfred, Nov 16, 2012.

1. wilfred

wilfred

Does anyone have one i'd like to know what you thought of the basses playability and sound? what did you think?

2. klejst

klejst

I don't own one personally, but for what it is worth other posts and reviews I have read say they are great basses.

3. Chaser1

Chaser1

I own one, had it since it came out. I know who Matt freeman is but not a huge fan,but love this bass. Its exactly a classic vibe but with the maple neck and fretboard.Other than that no difference. You will find lots of love around here for classic vibes.

4. wilfred

wilfred

Thank you! that was the question i was just about to ask, I love Matt Freeman that's why i want his bass! Rancid is one of my favorite punk bands:cool:

Got any pics of the bass?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Chaser1

Chaser1

I do, I will toss one up when I get home from work

7. wilfred

wilfred

8. Adallberto

Adallberto

I had one, I really liked him, after he had set a great playability, sound, and left nothing to be desired compared to my Fender American Standard.

a great bass, I recommend

9. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

I love mine. Can't believe how much Squier has stepped up thier game. It's nicer than any mexican fender I've ever played, but still not quite as good as my MIA. That's to be expected though.

The PUP sounds great, and the neck seems way to nice to be on a Squier.

10. wilfred

wilfred

Anybody got any pic of the bass? i've only seen the pics on MF.

11. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Search for Freeman on this basses thread here. There have been many posting and pics on the Freeman. I owned one for a while. I had the black finish. Great bass. Great fit and finish. Very good tone. Absolutely loved the neck on the Freeman model.

I sold mine only because it was my third P or PJ bass and did not get played much. Solid value and I'd grab another again if the opportunity came up. I use the Freeman when in shops to test out amps.

12. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

Cool to hear that it's a CV! They're awesome.

13. ronniequeue

ronniequeue

I've had mine for almost a year and I love it. Great frets, great everything. I gig it stock except for the addition of straplocks. Lightweight too! No one believes it's not a Fender, even other bassists!

14. vaesto

vaesto

15. wilfred

wilfred