1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Squier P bass Special California Series query

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iamRiddle, Dec 30, 2013.

1. iamRiddle

iamRiddle

Hi all, this is my first post, and it's about my first bass guitar!

I bought a second hand Squier P bass Special California Series at Ranking sport and music at bras bash complex to learn on, and really don't know much about these basses.

For a start, this one has no serial number or country of origin. I worry that this might mean it's been nicked at some point? Or was the serial on a sticker or something??? There's no sign of a sanded headstock, so the lack of a serial is a mystery.

Any info about this particular series would be very welcome. Also, where would this base fit into the Squier hierarchy? I read somewhere that the California series were originally Mex/Cal manufacture, but I imagine this one's from China???

All comments gratefully received!

cheers
  2. cba_bass

cba_bass

Yes, its from china. Its almost like an affinity but a little worst..
    My first bass was a California J
  3. Justice4trance

Justice4trance

Think California series for squier is mostly made in china?
    There could be other useful related post in talkbass that you might wanna check.
    Checking briefly just now.. Fender California series could be made somewhere else
    But will like to share that there are made in china squier products are ok
    I own a squier classic vibe p bass and it's alright..

Read briefly elsewhere that even if made in china but qc is good .. It will be alright .
    It's the money they invest for qc , staff training etc that makes it alright.
    Heard there's companies that doesnt invest in training and pays even lesser to employees etc although the fact it's already a lot cheaper in china
    That's when the end productis crap