1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Squier Standard Precision 5 String With Jazz Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Squier Standard Precision 5 String....

Crafted In Indonesia in 1999 so yes its 15 years old.

*Olympic white finish with white pickguard
    *Maple neck
    *Rosewood fingerboard
    *Chrome hardware
    *2 Jazz Bass pickups with closed covers
    *Passive with vol/vol/tone controls
    * Non original strat knobs which look cool IMO

The bass has sat unused for a while. I dont play 5 strings much.The pickguard was bright white and over the years its yellowed and there are areas where the knobs cast a shadow that didnt yellow on the guard. The finish on the neck is good but the white body has gotten a lot of dings and it has cracks in the paint on the back. Honestly pretty long cracks but I am positive they are in the paint the paint is very thick, it extends from a bridge screw on the front around the back. I like the looks of the body wear as it actually looks like a old bass and is aging well for a squier. It doesnt have huge chunks of paint or chips, actually there isnt a single chip. Just cracks, dings, scrapes. There is a club thread for these where a member stripe one down to bare wood and it looked really cool. The bass plays well, I am not a 5 string guy so the neck is huge to me. There are no buzzes, the action is a little high for me. I loaned it to a buddy and I think he put new strings on for recording. What type i dont know and this was 4 months ago so new ones maybe due, they look ok though.

If someone wants it I will happily ship it with the neck off as I only have a small box.

$150 SHIPPED

Currently I only have 1 poor photo, i may post more if I get my hands on a camera.

[​IMG]
  2. A-Step-Towards

To clear up a few PM the bass is not active.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Mmmmm, Olympic White and Rosewood!!!! I love these basses!
  4. A-Step-Towards

I do to but in 4 string form ha.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. A-Step-Towards

Sold Locally.

You guys are missing on some cool bass for cheap prices, all the basses I have sold lately all ended up going locally before here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.