1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Squier ultra lite tuner diameter

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Mugre, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Mugre

Mugre

I have looked and looked but don't seem to be able to find the right size to order for replacing the tuners on my Squier jaguar ss with ultralights? anyone have the definitive answer? I once found an answer for Fenders, one that I'm sure I can find again, but could Squiers have a different shaft diameter than Fenders new or old?

Any thoughts about Hipshot vs. Schaller vs. Gotoh?

thanks in advance,

Mugre

2. Mugre

Mugre

No one? Am I in the wrong forum with this?

3. Lownote38

Lownote38

9/16". That is for the ultralite tuners on Fenders and Squiers. The old style holes are 11/16".

4. Mugre

Mugre

Thanks for the reply. Is that the hole diameter in the headstock? I ask because I emailed hipshot and they said buy the 1/2 version. I also emailed Fender and they refused to divulge the information. No kidding. "We don't offer support in the modification of our instruments. We suggest you contact an authorized service center for help in measuring for the part you need."

I think the next cheap bass just might be a Rondo.

Thanks again for the reply,

K*

5. Register to disable this ad