1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Squier VM Fretless Precision?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sgroh87, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Sgroh87

Sgroh87

Has anyone here played the new fretless precision? I saw the Fender video demonstration, but other than that I haven't heard much about it. Most people play the Jazz, but I'm looking for more thump than mwah.
  2. FlaCharlie

FlaCharlie

I've been enjoying mine. Definitely more thump than mwah - especially with the tone control rolled off - yet still has that fretless sound. Even with the tone control up, it's not as bright as a jazz. I'm using GHS tapewounds, which I really like.

I'm not a pro but I've played older American Ps and Js before. Because of this I expected a more chunky neck but it's quite thin - more like what I associated with a Jazz - and it's also very light. I got mine at Sweetwater because their website allows you to see the actual bass you're buying (as opposed to a stock photo) so you can see the finish. They also list the actual weight of each bass. Mine is only 7 lbs. 3 oz. Nice bass!

. . . Charlie
  3. Sgroh87

Sgroh87

Cool! Any chance of a video or audio demo? Like I said, the only video I can find on YouTube is the Fender official video, and it doesn't demo much other than one area of the fingerboard with one tone setting.
  4. FlaCharlie

FlaCharlie

Sorry no audio/video clips here. I haven't even gotten around to taking a pic of it yet.

. . . Charlie