Squier VM precision TB?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tmckenn2, Mar 16, 2014.

1. tmckenn2

tmckenn2 Supporting Member

Hey - did they stop making the Squier VW Precision TB bass?

2. kzr750r1

kzr750r1 Supporting Member

I was just punting around on fenders website for a while. Didn't see that version.

3. tmckenn2

I bought one about 5 yrs ago - it's an amazing BOOMING powerhouse of a bass. A friend was looking into getting one and couldn't find one. When I took a look, neither could I.
    If they stopped making, it's a shame. Was a great value.

4. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tevitag

tevitag

I believe Fender have stopped making some models in the the Squier Vintage Modified series. I have been trying to buy a Butterscotch Maple VM Precision but they are out of stock here in Australia. Fender told my local dealer they've stopped making certain colours. Dang! I think they're pushing the newer lines like the Cabronita too.

7. Justice4trance

Justice4trance

My local store has two. Will get one later today and post pic. For now the intention is for the few reggae songs I cover. For my other stuff will use my more versatile fender jag.

Can't wait for later!

8. Bobster

Bobster

9. tmckenn2

Damn, 499 msrp on the fender site! I paid about 240 - and it was/is a GREAT value. Deep, booming tone. Like a lot of reviews say, not the most versatile bass, but a back to basics workhorse. Put in many a club/bar all-nighter with it.

10. Justice4trance

Justice4trance

[​IMG]got it from the store
    [​IMG]tune the pick up to make it less hot[​IMG]strung it with flatwound for more vintage sound[​IMG]sent it to my local luthier to set action and more fine tune and yeay! Very happy now!

11. Dragan

Dragan

I played Fender telebass (not the Squier and not the theme subject,I know) and that thing were incredible! It was an old tb from 70s...I mean - ground shaking!

12. gurensan

gurensan

There is one for sale near me. I want another one to go fretless with. My wife seems to think I've spent enough. I want that second one so bad!

Edit: Yes, they are getting somewhat difficult to find. Ebay doesn't have them quite as often as it used to, yet you can find the 70's Tele II all the time.

13. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars