1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Squire Deluxe Jazz Bass V Active

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DoobieDoober, Jan 19, 2014.

1. DoobieDoober

DoobieDoober

I'm thinking of getting a second electric bass, anyone know about the Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass V Active?

It'll be my third bass, my first one is a Squier P-Bass and my second is an Acoustic Ibanez. I play everything from jazz to metal and I want to get a five string to be more versatile. So far the Squier Deluxe Jazz looks really good as I don't have much money to spend but the Ebonol neck worries me as I don't know about it. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. millertx

millertx Supporting Member

I have one that I use as an inexpensive backup 5-string, bought it used from another TBer here. It sounds good and the ebonal neck is fine, it is very smooth, looks good, wears well. In fact one of the reasons I bought was to check the ebonal neck out and it has worked fine for me. Overall I really like the feel of the neck.

Rich
  3. ih8law

ih8law Supporting Member

There is a lot of love for this bass here on TB. I tried a few out and really liked the sound. The neck is wider than most 5 strings I've played. I actually went to GC with a fistful of cash to buy one last year. The only one in stock had really high action so I asked the tech on hand to adjust the truss rod before I bought it. He turned it and it snapped (a horrible noise I never wish to hear again). I went home empty handed and ended up blowing my money on something else.

Moral of the story: buy one that you know is in good working order and set up properly before you take it home.
  4. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

*Squier

I had one with a Fender neck on it so I don't know about the necks on 'em...
    But the body was nice. Lots of tonal options. Seemingly pretty good quality.
    However, after a few weeks I decided that active basses weren't for me and I sold it.

A few days ago I picked up one of these and I'm loving it:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/squier-vintage-modified-precision-bass-v
  5. dabbler

dabbler