Squire Deluxe Jazz Bass V Active

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DoobieDoober, Jan 19, 2014.

1. DoobieDoober

DoobieDoober

I'm thinking of getting a second electric bass, anyone know about the Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass V Active?

It'll be my third bass, my first one is a Squier P-Bass and my second is an Acoustic Ibanez. I play everything from jazz to metal and I want to get a five string to be more versatile. So far the Squier Deluxe Jazz looks really good as I don't have much money to spend but the Ebonol neck worries me as I don't know about it. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

2. millertx

millertx Supporting Member

I have one that I use as an inexpensive backup 5-string, bought it used from another TBer here. It sounds good and the ebonal neck is fine, it is very smooth, looks good, wears well. In fact one of the reasons I bought was to check the ebonal neck out and it has worked fine for me. Overall I really like the feel of the neck.

Rich

3. ih8law

ih8law Supporting Member

There is a lot of love for this bass here on TB. I tried a few out and really liked the sound. The neck is wider than most 5 strings I've played. I actually went to GC with a fistful of cash to buy one last year. The only one in stock had really high action so I asked the tech on hand to adjust the truss rod before I bought it. He turned it and it snapped (a horrible noise I never wish to hear again). I went home empty handed and ended up blowing my money on something else.

Moral of the story: buy one that you know is in good working order and set up properly before you take it home.

4. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

*Squier

I had one with a Fender neck on it so I don't know about the necks on 'em...
    But the body was nice. Lots of tonal options. Seemingly pretty good quality.
    However, after a few weeks I decided that active basses weren't for me and I sold it.

A few days ago I picked up one of these and I'm loving it:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/squier-vintage-modified-precision-bass-v

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dabbler

dabbler Supporting Member