1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Squire Jazz Body + Fender MIM aftermarket neck = good fit?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smklassen0977, Feb 14, 2014.

1. smklassen0977

smklassen0977

2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

Yes - it should be a straight swap-out or replacement for you.

Break yours, or just want the Fender logo? ;)
  3. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

I put an After-market MIM Neck on a Squier P Bass body...worked just fine...

I say go for it!
  4. smklassen0977

smklassen0977

Awesome thanks! Yeah, just want the right fit from the same manufacturer .. the logo is a nice plus.
  5. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

You can get a US one for only 499$....not bad.
  6. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

There are some great necks available here in the classifieds also. Just sayin.
  7. awilkie84

awilkie84

I have a MIM P neck from 96 affixed to my Squier P-bass body. It fits just fine. I did have to drill new neck screw holes, though. They were off by a couple millimetres.
  8. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

I chose the Filing/sanding route on the body to fix that problem when it arose. I have a thing against drilling extra holes.:)

I always seem to get a bit too much Gap at the neck pocket with squiers & Fender necks. They work great otherwise. Might just be my dumb luck/Isolated cases. I am seriously considering using my SH neck on a Jazz Body. Nice fat baseball bat neck combined with a sweet Creamy Jazz Tone.
  9. awilkie84

awilkie84

I drilled the holes in the neck, not the body. :p Filing & sanding wouldn't have helped. The neck was a tight fit in the pocket.
  10. NYCbassist

I understand all that. I just would rather mod a cheap Squire body Vs. The neck itself. ie; loosen up the fit in the pocket.;)
  11. awilkie84

awilkie84

I like how tight the pocket is. :p I plan on using the neck on a new body, now. So, I'm going to plug & redrill the holes. :D
  12. NYCbassist

The bottom line is it almost always works out pretty well. Just a little tweaking to get the screw holes lined up.