1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Squire P bass - help to identify yr/country

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soaf, Feb 3, 2014.

1. soaf

soaf

I have acquired a black Squire P bass body only. I am trying to determine it's country of origin and year of manufacture. The neck pocket has a date stamp that is either smudged, or part of it has been written over. The pickup cavity has some marker which appears to read "3633". The neck pocket clearly reads "MAR 12" then followed by the year which is illegible. There are also some faded, stamped purple numbers in the pocket which are to faint to read although I so see a zero.

My best guess is 1991 yet it looks like someone wrote 83 over top Could it.be a '91? Please have a look at the pics and let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. soaf

soaf

more pics...

Please note... I sat a Squire bridge on that did not come withe bass and the bridge is a tad longer than the imprint the previous bridge left.

Attached Files:

3. soaf

soaf

I was able to get the serial number off the neck from the seller... cy01036563.

Is it safe to say China, 2001?