1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Squire vm 77 jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Worshipbass12, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Hey guys i'm seriously considering this bass as i need to buy a bass and amp, looking at getting this bass and a markbass jeff berlin players school combo. Anyone have any experience with this http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JBass77Amb

2. dls119

dls119

Jun 27, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I have a VM jazz and it is my current main bass. Very impressive playability and tone for the price.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. I have one of these and and it is a really solid bass. Nothing needs replaced on it, though I'm not the biggest fan of the pickups but even those are very usable. I did however go through a few of the black blocked ones before I landed on this one.

5. dls119

dls119

Jun 27, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Yeah, I dumped the pickups and replaced them with DiMarzio Model Js. Very pleased. The Duncans it comes with are definitely usable, but I wasn't a big fan so out they came. I gigged it stock until just recently.

6. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    So am i right in spending the money to get a great amp and a cheaper bass or should i go the other way ?

7. That's definitely the way I would recommend going, and I believe that's the advice usually given around here for that question.

8. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
  9. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

How is the store's return policy?

The Squiers are a fantastic bang for your buck, but they are very hit and miss. If I couldn't play one first I would want to know there is a great return policy so I can return it and try again.

10. Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
  11. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Houston Tx
    Great bass, I would get that genz benz over that markbass though.

12. Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
  13. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    I appreciate that but i am pretty set on the markbass to me it sounds awesome and i'm getting it brand new for $450