SR Crossover 6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yuhboibigste, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Yuhboibigste

Yuhboibigste

I just recently purchased an Ibanez SR crossover. It feels amazing, plays well, and very good tones. The only issue that I have is.... It won't stay in tune. Which is a big one. Anyone have any suggestions??

2. dustybottoms

dustybottoms Supporting Member

Did you get it set up? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question but some people think that just because a guitar is new it should play perfect out of the box. If the action is too high, your fretted notes will be out of tune even if your open notes are perfectly in tune. I would start there if you haven't.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Never seen one of those looks pretty cool on youtube. I am guessing it is just a bass VI or is it tuned to 4ths?

In regards to your tuning, does it have a trem bridge? Avoiding that can help if there is not a locking system. Other than that, how are the strings installed? Are there enough wraps?

4. dustybottoms

dustybottoms Supporting Member

From what I have read it's an "octave lower guitar". Tuned EADGBE. You can play it just like a guitar or you have your low single bass notes. The bridge appears fixed based on the pics I have seen. Sorry to beat the OP to the answer but I just read about this on a magazine a few days ago.

5. Register to disable this ad