1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SR600 Volume issue

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by casper_morgan, Dec 9, 2013.

1. casper_morgan

casper_morgan

Lately on my Ibanez SR600 I have been having this wierd problem... the sound will fade almost out but just stay at a lower volume. Sometimes it starts out loud and fades, then sometimes it just is low from the get go. I have tried my passive thunderbird and the volume seems normal. I thought it may be the battery so I went and bought fresh one and stuck it in there, still the same problem... Im hoping this isnt a pre-amp issue.... if so.. does anyone know why the SR600 was discontinued.. and if so.. was this the reason? I really love this guitar, if there is any way I can save her I can sure use the advice. Thanks guys :)
  2. ex-tension

ex-tension

You can open the control cavity and check if there is a loose wire or something shorting, unusual, etc. Look around the volume and blend pots especially.
    Put some photos here if it's possible.