Stacked Vol/Balance Pot?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by awilkie84, Oct 2, 2013.

1. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

Does anybody make a pot that's Vol on top & a Bal on the bottom?

I'm trying to do a V/B/2-band setup without putting another hole in my pickguard. The 2-band is odd values, so it can't be on a concentric setup.
  2. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Supporting Member

What value? If you're looking for passive, you're only option- that I've been able to find, and believe me, I've looked- is the stacked pot from Warwick. Best Bass Gear sells them for $88. 500k Linear Volume top/Center detent m/n taper Blend bottom. If it's for an active system, you might try Audere.

GL!

Rob
    :bassist:
  3. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

$88!? Ouch. That value would work, though...
  4. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Keep in mind that it would likely be a HUGE pot.. as a blend is '2 pots deep' by itself

One thing i HAVE done is Frankenstein together pots by the same maker to get the stack i needed, but it would be pretttttty tough to make that happen for what you need, unless youre pretty adventurous.. although, compared to 88$ for one, you could easily try to frankenPot about 30times before you catch up to the Warwick price.

Just for my own amusement, what are the 'odd' values of the eq-bands? I ask because, while on the topic of butchering pots together, it would be alot easier to combine 2.. Also, never underestimate what a few hours digging through mouser can turn up... 'odd' values for guitars are often pretty normal in the rest of the electronics field
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Supporting Member

+1 to the above. I frequently 'make' my own pots now. However, unless you really want to get into it, $88 would be the cheaper route IME for a one-off kind of thing. But you never know...

Rob
    :bassist:
  7. pmad_bass

pmad_bass

Anyone know a vendor who makes a stacked vol/balance with push/pull active/passive switch?
  8. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Never seen one (I've not seen any push/pull stacked pots to be fair), it would be three pots deep with a DPDT switch - I'm not even sure most basses could fit something that deep (going by standard sizes at least).