stacking 2x10 and 1x15 question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by pglaser01, Sep 4, 2013.

1. pglaser01

pglaser01

Disclosures:
    If only I were that good....
    Ok, so recently I have added to my power section. I w2as using a GK mB115 but with drummer and two guitars I'm pushing too hard...so I went ahead and bought a used MB210. I've tried combining two different ways. 1.) I bi-amp from my Sansamp BDDI with the lows going to the 1x15 and mids going to 2x10. 2.) I've also tried running my signal into the passive input on the 2x10 on top and run a 1/4 from the active input into the passive of the bottom 1x15...
    Question is, is either way preferable to avoid problems? Secondly, does anyone actually use the 1x15 ON TOP of the 2x10? I feel like since the 2x10 has more head room I should use the 1x15 on top for better dispersion of the low end without pushing the volume

2. Adjent Orange

Adjent Orange

Used them in parallel for a long time, had both mesas with the crossovers. I never had a problem. But then again I moved on to a 610 and never looked back!

3. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I wouldnt pair a 210 with a 115 in the first place. I think your best option is to send them different signals, and see how they play together.

FYI the 210 might end up having better lows, and the 115 better mids.

4. bassmeknik

bassmeknik

+1 agreed

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Epidrake

Epidrake

I use mine in parallel too. No problems.
    Check out the vertical stack thread too see lots of options.

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Assuming we're talking about the GK combo amps- they are both full range combo's. Neither one is "better for lows", so the best thing to do is keep the 210 since it can take an ext spkr, and add a GK 210 ext cab to that. If you want to use both combo's, run them full range in stereo, using either a buffered AB/Y box, or a stereo fx pedal.

8. bass4peace

bass4peace

heres Billy Sheehan explaining why he puts his 15 on top>

9. jason the fox

jason the fox Often rocks and rarely rolls.

Here's a photo of the 115 + 210 rig I used this past weekend.

Ampeg SVT3-Pro, with SVT-115 and a Traynor 210 (I forget the model offhand).

Used it dry off the floor - no PA support, which we almost never do. Small venue, but terrible layout and sound throughout the room. Really seemed to absorb all the bass frequency, so thinking about it now, I was compensating by turning up louder and louder. Not always the best move. There was probably no "sound" at the back of the room, but everyone's bottles were vibrating off their tables lol.

I didn't bi-amp at all - Just ran into my tuner, and SansAmp BDDI on the floor, pretty basic set up. And to be honest, I couldn't tell if the 15 (or 210) was struggling. Everything seemed fine, but I really wasn't listening for it.

[​IMG]