1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Stagg 3/4 EDB trouble

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by orjisyo, Jan 13, 2014.

1. orjisyo

orjisyo

I've just received my stagg, and I think there is something wrong! It seams like the battery don't want to connect, when I open the battery "door" (sorry for bad english...) it just pops out.. and when I'm playing it just make all these weird noises, as if the battery's not connected. anyone having the same problem? Or have a solution?
    It's really boring, especially since the bass is not more than one hour old.. pleas help! Sincerely stressed out norwegian bloke!
  2. DoubleMIDI

DoubleMIDI

It is not unusual that something is wrong with a new Stagg. Don't loose too much time trying to correct it, better show the dealer the problem and let him get a new one for you.

You won't get any output if the battery is not connected, so there must have been some contact to get a noise. If you open the door of the battery holder and it pops out it usually means that the contacts are well made when the door is closed.

But keep an eye on polarity. I'm not sure if it doesn't work with wrong polarity or even get damaged if you try that. If the polarity is correct give the stagg back and explain/show what's wrong with this one and that you paid for a working one.

BTW, some of the Staggs come with damaged or noisy electronics. A good reason to give such an instrument back.

If you got it really cheap and damaged you might want to remove the electronics completely and connect the piezo wire directly to the output jack, but then you might need an external high-impedance preamp, depending on your amp.

And read through the Stagg EUB megathread where your question might belong...
  3. orjisyo

orjisyo

Thanks! I orderd it from germany so i'm not so keen on sending it back again. But if I go to a musicstore i think they can help me. Just hoped that it was a simple fix and that I could do it my selfe
  4. eub_player

eub_player

Disclosures:
    Formerly known as Francois Blais...
    And please avoid cross-posting the same message all over the forums.
    Please read the stickies and take your time to familiarize with the board.

It's also a good idea to fill out your profile:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

In particular your gear, location.
    This way, other members will be able to help you better.

Thanks and welcome on Talkbass!
  5. orjisyo

orjisyo

Allright. Thanks:)