Stan Hinesley & HAS-Sound

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by giglawyer, May 23, 2007.

1. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Stan Hinesley and HAS-Sound. I am installing his Hot Js and a pre-wired harness in a project of mine. I got confused on some of the wiring details, and e-mailed him. He responded within minutes.

I will post a full review of the pickups soon. If you are thinking about some Hinesley pickups, I would not hesitate.

2. Hemitom

Hemitom

I just finished installing his bass/midrange tone control in my Ibanez ATK100 and what a nice suprise!
    It honestly IMO increased my passive ATK's tonal palette by 50%.The low end growl picked up nicely as well as the fuller control on the mids.
    I think I'll be adding one to my 2 pickup passive Rockbass Streamer next !
    For $30 ... a great value upgrade in tone :)

3. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

I finished installing the Stan Hinesley Hot J's in my Bass Company Jazz Bass (JT-400-JJ) last night. I also installed his series/parallel harness as well.

Awesome.

These pickups just have a rich, amazing tone. The stock pickups were OK, but the combination of the Hot J's and this new wiring harness just sings! Growl, bite, thump...I could go on and on. Unfortunately, it will be awhile before I can get any sound clips up, but if you are considering these pickups, you will not be disappointed.