1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Stand Back - Allman Brothers

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by oldrocker, Nov 5, 2013.

1. oldrocker

oldrocker

A couple of weeks back I asked for some help on a Allman Brothers song and you guys came through:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f66/dont-keep-me-wonderin-1021362/

I need help again on a different Allman Brothers song. This time its Stand Back.

I have the little bass intro thing and most of the verse and the interlude part but I need help on what's played for the main E portion of the verse. It's very bouncy and my ear isn't very good but I hear something like b - d - e - d -e and then e down to lower octave e something e - e d b a g e, I thing this descending line might vary every other time through, maybe e - e d b a g eb

Any help is appreciated - thanks guys :bassist:

2. pmatz2

pmatz2

Not sure what you mean by the bouncy E part
    But if you mean the run from E to B at the end of every other 2 bar phrase in the verse

1st time e g e g g# a a# b
    2nd time
    its just e g a and a rest

If you tab out what you have It would be easier for me to fill in the blanks

3. oldrocker

oldrocker

Thanks pmatz

Yes, I mean the run from the E to the B at the end of every other 2 bar phrase in the verse. I also need how you get to the E before the run.

For that I hear something like b - d - e - d - e or maybe d - b - d - e - d - e