1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Stand Back - Allman Brothers

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by oldrocker, Nov 5, 2013.

1. oldrocker

oldrocker

A couple of weeks back I asked for some help on a Allman Brothers song and you guys came through:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f66/dont-keep-me-wonderin-1021362/

I need help again on a different Allman Brothers song. This time its Stand Back.

I have the little bass intro thing and most of the verse and the interlude part but I need help on what's played for the main E portion of the verse. It's very bouncy and my ear isn't very good but I hear something like b - d - e - d -e and then e down to lower octave e something e - e d b a g e, I thing this descending line might vary every other time through, maybe e - e d b a g eb

Any help is appreciated - thanks guys :bassist:
  2. pmatz2

pmatz2

Not sure what you mean by the bouncy E part
    But if you mean the run from E to B at the end of every other 2 bar phrase in the verse

1st time e g e g g# a a# b
    2nd time
    its just e g a and a rest

If you tab out what you have It would be easier for me to fill in the blanks
  3. oldrocker

oldrocker

Thanks pmatz

Yes, I mean the run from the E to the B at the end of every other 2 bar phrase in the verse. I also need how you get to the E before the run.

For that I hear something like b - d - e - d - e or maybe d - b - d - e - d - e