1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Standard split single-coil precision PU v Vintage Split single-coil precision PU

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jazzpunkrock, Mar 6, 2014.

1. jazzpunkrock

jazzpunkrock

Hi.
    I bought Squier Affinity P-bass and it has Standard split single-coil pickup. This bass was really cheap ($200.-).Generally I like the sound of that Squier but my logics says that the company have to save somewhere to build this kind of cheap instruments. Maybe the pickups and electronics are the first things where company can save for? Or maybe not? Fender uses Vintage Split single-coil precision pickups on Pino P-bass. Is Vintage PU better than Standard PU? Or these pickups just have their own sound personality?
    Could you explain me what are the differences between Fender Standard split single-coil and Vintage Split single-coil precision bass pickups?