1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Standing Bass advice

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by cmybass, Jul 8, 2013.

1. cmybass

cmybass

To start off I'm not a Bassist (but might become one :D). While doing a clean up/repair job on a house for some people, I came across a standing bass behind some junk in the basement, the new owners didn't want it so I brought it home (hopefully worth it). After looking it over, I'm assuming it was a beginners Bass. It's about 68" tall, & it's a:

Verona Stradivarius model

the base of the neck has what I'm guessing to be initials & two letters & a number above the initials.

While I might just sell it, I can't seem to find what a used Verona Stradivarius would go for & appreciate any insight.
  2. basic74

basic74

pictures would help. it´s impossible to say form this description. the name "verona stradivarius" is almost certainly fake - if not, it´s worth a million dollars ;)
  3. cmybass

cmybass

I'll upload a picture eventually (sucks not being able to afford a smart phone :atoz:) Pretty sure it's not of high quality as the "certification" inside the bass says: made in china.
  4. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

What you have is known as a CCB, or Cheap Chinese Bass. From the size of it it is an instrument for a child about five feet tall, and the inscription probably means it belonged to a school at some point.

Still, it was free, so you don't have much to lose. Seek out a teacher in your area so you don't hurt yourself learning to play it, and have fun!
  5. cmybass

cmybass

Had a feeling it belonged to a school at some point; the previous occupants weren't the type to go all out on an instrument. In the event I can't find a teacher/don't have the room for it, how much would a ccb go for?
  6. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

Couple hundred, maybe five on a good day.
  7. Low Hertz

Low Hertz

Generally a Chinese bass labeled Stradivarius is a disposable bass. Literally. They use they ply plywood which comes apart. There could be better plywood basses.