1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Stargazer bridge trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by The_Phoenician, Nov 9, 2013.

1. The_Phoenician

The_Phoenician

I have a Schecter Stargazer with the stock bridge, a Schecter Custom String Thru. Right now, the saddles for the G, D, and A strings are propped up on little pegs at the front above the bridge itself, but the E saddle is flat against the bridge. I think the action is better on the E string, so how do I lower the other saddles so that they'll be flat against the bridge as well? I tried looking, but I can't find any posts on this specific problem.

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

It's not a problem, it needs a basic set-up and, from the sound of things, I'm of the impression you've not done many. You will need a set of hex keys to adjust the individual bridge saddle heights. Arbitrarily setting each saddle so it's "on the deck" is probably not a good idea. I strongly suggest you review the set-up stickies listed at the top of the sub-forum page.

We are here to help.

Riis