1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Starting My 1st Rack System

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bassman614, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Bassman614

Bassman614

Let me start with saying this is my first official post. :bassist: I currently have a Mesa Powerhouse 1000 (I know all about the mixed reviews of this particular cab, so lets not get into a debate over the cab) Im looking to break into the rack system club and have my heart set on a Crest CA9 power amp and a Sansamp RBI or RPM. With all the input and output mumbo jumbo which honestly confuses the heck out of me, can I get some opinions about my hopefully future rig and if it will work properly. If it matters the PH1000 is 4 ohms and my main basses has EMG active pups.
    Thanks, Mike

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

I would go with the RPM, as you would have a sweepable mid.

3. slade

slade

rack systems can be great. I toured an Aguilar DB680 into a QSC 3002 for a long time. Huge sound, very heavy....
    My opinion if you're going this route is go big with regards to watts- you can run one half or bridge if the opportunity comes up. I bridged quite a bit into 810s and 2 (215s). Go big since the watts are cheap. GO nuts spending time finding a pre- you love.