1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Starting New Career

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Johnny StingRay, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Johnny StingRay

Johnny StingRay

I'm not telling my principal until mid-January, but after 30 plus years as an inner city special education teacher in Detroit, I am eligible to retire on January 31, 2013 and have been offered a position to begin a new career as an insurance representative with a very large fraternal organization.
    I currently play bass for a praise group I've been with for almost ten years and my new career schedule may impinge upon that, but this is something that I'm going all out for.
    I wanted to retire but was unsure if I was going to get into a new career that would sustain my family until I was 65, then out of the blue this organization contacted me, wants me to work for them, and is confident I will succeed!
    How cool is that!
    So, as of February 1, 2013, my 30 year career as a teacher will be no more....................wow!
  2. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

That's awesome bro. Congrats on your career change. May you have more choices about how you spend you time.