1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Starting to play again, help choose a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gentoo, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Gentoo

Gentoo

Hey yall. After breaking my old bass about 3 years ago or so, I decided to get a new one this year. Been doing all the reading and such and I've landed on 3 choices.

This Washburn, for $139 shipped is the least expensive, but I know the least about it. Searches here revealed little.

Washburn T14

This SX Ursa 2 MN PRO 3TS, for $149+ $20 shipping seems to be a good deal, on sale. Research here seems to indicate that the Pro models are pretty good, and I do like the color. It needs a nice tweed case though :D because it just seems wrong to put a bass that looks like that into a nylon bag. So that will cost an extra $60 from Rondo Music.

SX Ursa 2 MN PRO 3TS

And lastly, this combo set at a local pawn shop. It is listed as a Ibanez SDGR with a Peavey Bass Amp Max 112 Bass. $288, but I've got a ton of old crap in the garage I could probably trade for it, so there's that. And I get an amp, so bonus, cause I need one! Problem is I don't really know what bass it is or how to tell. And I really don't know if that amp is even worth using. Here is the link if you want to check it out:

Craigslist ad

My wallet likes the first choice, but with either choice 1 or 2 I will also need an amp, so there is another $100 or so. (as you probably figured out now, I'm trying to do this on a budget lol)

So what do you think is the best one here?