Starting to play again, help choose a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gentoo, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Gentoo

Gentoo

Hey yall. After breaking my old bass about 3 years ago or so, I decided to get a new one this year. Been doing all the reading and such and I've landed on 3 choices.

This Washburn, for $139 shipped is the least expensive, but I know the least about it. Searches here revealed little.

Washburn T14

This SX Ursa 2 MN PRO 3TS, for $149+ $20 shipping seems to be a good deal, on sale. Research here seems to indicate that the Pro models are pretty good, and I do like the color. It needs a nice tweed case though :D because it just seems wrong to put a bass that looks like that into a nylon bag. So that will cost an extra $60 from Rondo Music.

SX Ursa 2 MN PRO 3TS

And lastly, this combo set at a local pawn shop. It is listed as a Ibanez SDGR with a Peavey Bass Amp Max 112 Bass. $288, but I've got a ton of old crap in the garage I could probably trade for it, so there's that. And I get an amp, so bonus, cause I need one! Problem is I don't really know what bass it is or how to tell. And I really don't know if that amp is even worth using. Here is the link if you want to check it out:

Craigslist ad

My wallet likes the first choice, but with either choice 1 or 2 I will also need an amp, so there is another $100 or so. (as you probably figured out now, I'm trying to do this on a budget lol)

So what do you think is the best one here?