Stat B with Headway EDM-1 or Baggs Gigpro?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Eric Hochberg, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Does anyone have any experience with this combination? I need a new pre with 9v phantom to power a Stat B pickup.

EDM1 vs Gigpro?

2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Eric,
    I had the EDM-1 at the house for a while, it has a 9v power supply, but you'd want to try it with the Stat B to make sure it works. The EQ is very straight forward, Volume, Bass, Treble, and Midrange with a low cut filter. It's a nice compact little box.

Ric

3. Nathan Levine

Nathan Levine

If it worked (ask Gordon) I would think the EDM-1 would be a vastly superior preamp. I used the Gigpro for a while with an old Vektor pickup and while it worked for giving the Vektor the needed 9v, it definitely added its own color to the sound. When fooling around with the EDM-1 up in Alaska a few months ago, I loved the sound and utter simplicity of it.

4. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Thanks, guys. I emailed Gordon.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. walkin

walkin

Hi,
    the both are functionnals with the StatB, i'm using the Gigg Pro, i find it's better than the original schertler préamp.
    Olivier

7. bassfox

bassfox Supporting Member

Let us know what Gordon says. In need of replacing my Schertler preamp as well.

8. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

I've been using a Gig Pro for a few months now and it works just fine with the Stat B, and with my piezos. I like the low cut and phase reverse features, too.