State Taxes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by deeptubes, Feb 19, 2013.

1. deeptubes

deeptubes

Apparently I failed to file state for the year 2009. In Sept 2012, I received a bill for $1460 that said pay now or they were garnishing my pay. I spoke with a rep and I never received credit for my withheld taxes. Received credit for my wife, but not mine. The woman had me fax my W2s so they could be processed - new tax amount, interest, etc. But, I had to start paying on it. No prob. Wasn't going to be much, so we agreed to a garnishment of $50/week. That was in Sept of last year. I recently received a bill for $1179.98 that essentially said PAY US NOW OR ELSE. I paid it on an official website. According to my paystubs, I have also paid $950 over time. I will be receiving documentation of payments tomorrow from our payroll services. I spoke with another rep today, and he said they have only received $600 in garnishments. He said that the total bill was about $1480 now - about $1020 being back taxes - with a balance due of $0 He also said I only had credit for $513 in withholdings. That is exactly how much my wife had withheld. I had $793 withheld, according to my W2, that I never received credit for. So, now the state owes me no less than $1700. I'm going to have to talk to yet another rep tomorrow and go through this all over again. Absolutely no way I'm letting $1700 slide.
  2. 4dog

4dog

Wow, move to texas. Sorry dude.
  3. deeptubes

deeptubes

I suppose it's my fault for not filing state. But, it doesn't change the fact that I was overcharged AND I overpaid.

I feel a case of GAS coming on!
  4. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Who does your taxes?
  5. Register to disable this ad