1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

State Taxes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by deeptubes, Feb 19, 2013.

1. deeptubes

deeptubes

Apparently I failed to file state for the year 2009. In Sept 2012, I received a bill for $1460 that said pay now or they were garnishing my pay. I spoke with a rep and I never received credit for my withheld taxes. Received credit for my wife, but not mine. The woman had me fax my W2s so they could be processed - new tax amount, interest, etc. But, I had to start paying on it. No prob. Wasn't going to be much, so we agreed to a garnishment of $50/week. That was in Sept of last year. I recently received a bill for $1179.98 that essentially said PAY US NOW OR ELSE. I paid it on an official website. According to my paystubs, I have also paid $950 over time. I will be receiving documentation of payments tomorrow from our payroll services. I spoke with another rep today, and he said they have only received $600 in garnishments. He said that the total bill was about $1480 now - about $1020 being back taxes - with a balance due of $0 He also said I only had credit for $513 in withholdings. That is exactly how much my wife had withheld. I had $793 withheld, according to my W2, that I never received credit for. So, now the state owes me no less than $1700. I'm going to have to talk to yet another rep tomorrow and go through this all over again. Absolutely no way I'm letting $1700 slide.
  2. 4dog

4dog

Wow, move to texas. Sorry dude.
  3. deeptubes

deeptubes

I suppose it's my fault for not filing state. But, it doesn't change the fact that I was overcharged AND I overpaid.

I feel a case of GAS coming on!
  4. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Who does your taxes?