Status Graphite neck repair

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by synaesthesia, Jan 10, 2014.

1. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

After heavy gigging in the turn of the year, I have just discovered a couple of chips on the back of the status neck, it is a graphite bolt on neck and the carbon weave is exposed. Will try to get a pic later. ...am packing for a move.

I assume I can get some clear epoxy and fill it in and sand off the excess and then polish it? IS there a better way to fix it?
  2. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

pic

Attached Files:

3. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

pic 2

Attached Files:

4. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

IMLE especially the damage on the pic 2 looks rather odd.
    Pretty much looks like the top-coat hasn't bonded to the epoxy in the matrix at all.

Not all epoxies are compatible with each other either, so perhaps a call/e-mail to Status would yield the best result.

Regards
    Sam
  5. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Thanks Sam. It was a frantic outdoor NYE gig with thousands, I never noticed it until today! Anyway, shot an email to Rob Green. Hope he replies. But will try an epoxy repair in April... am shipping my stuff back to UK on the sea, so no time to fix it now,...but that gives me lead time to investigate a fix.
  6. Shedua511

Shedua511

Disclosures:
    Agent for Scandinavian countries: Stick Enterprises Inc.
    Since you're going back to the UK, I would absolutely send it to Rob to fix. As it is, I doubt there are any structural problems.