Stay warm and safe

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Indiana Mike, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

With the impending storm and cold weather I hope everybody has a place to be and rides it out safely .

Expecting 8" of snow and several days of subzero with windchills of 30 below .

Had to go to the store anyway , but it was absolutely nuts. They were out of shopping carts if that's any kind if description.

I also made it to the liquor store and got some nice anejo tequila .
  2. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

were expecting actual air temp of -30 F and windchill of -60 to -80 sunday night into monday. Govenor has closed schools state wide on monday.
  3. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Oh puh-lease. I'm from Minnesota. You Hoosiers are serious wimps.
  4. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Windchill is supposed to be almost -50 when I head to work on monday morning. Should be a blast.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. spade2you

spade2you

I think Monday is projected to be -40. The news was telling people how to deal with the cold. I suppose that's appropriate since Nebraskans forget how to drive in the snow every time it snows.
  7. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

+1

But still not as bad as the east coasters!
  8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

I don't get all the hub bub. It's supposed to snow, like maybe 10 inches, and then it's gonna get cold as hell.

Why back in the mid mineteen seventies they just called this kind of stuff winter. I had to walk to school. 5 miles each way. Barefoot! But we didn't complain, oh no........
  9. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

you forgot the "uphill both ways" part
  10. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Yeah, I left out the part about the bears too. I didn't want to sound like my dad......
  11. elgecko

elgecko

It was sunny and 72F in the Disenchanted Kingdom today.

:cool:
  12. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Sounds like the tornado or hurricane runs on the local grocery stores. We are (usually) about to be out of power for a few days and everyone stocks up on bread and milk. it's always the first item(s) to be snapped up in any local weather panic. I've actually seen people with carts loaded to the brim with nothing but milk and bread. Go figure.

Actually, I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the herd when it panics.

Supposed to be a high of 19 first of the week with a chance of an ice storm here in the Birmingham area. Can't wait to hit the grocery store tomorrow for a few gallons of milk and 4 or 5 loaves of bread. :D
  13. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

And it will be even warmer and go up to the upper 70's today, Sunday. Us So Cal boys love to bring this up. .:bag:
  14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, but it's getting down into the 40s at night. Brrrr!
  15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That and a few fish should hold you over indefinitely.
  16. Schlyder

Schlyder

It's -30c here now ... -44c w/ windchill supposed to go down to -35c and - 50c windchill by morning. Normal for this time of year.
  17. paste

paste Supporting Member

Here's Wal-Mart as of last night for ya:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and of course I couldn't prove this is America without
    [​IMG]
  18. Monster Truck

Monster Truck bassist for GESH Supporting Member

It got up to 40 here a few weeks ago. I went outside in a T-shirt.
  19. duff beer

duff beer

It's currently -36 with a -50 wind chill here. That translates to -33F and -58F.
  20. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

I fortunately get the best of both worlds. I live in Indianapolis and I get to fly to Minneapolis later this week. I will admit Indy gets cold and snowy at times but the coldest I've ever been was in Minneapolis a couple years ago. Literally thought my face was frozen after walking about two blocks. Everybody stay warm and safe!!
  21. Mike M.

Mike M.

I live in south eastern Michigan and I haven't seen this much "winter" in years. The last number of years has been very glitchy as far as winter goes. Last winter for example, I didn't have to snow shovel once! All we got was a few mild dustings and that was it. Not that I'm complaining, but I remember as a kid and up until around 1994 when winter WAS winter. Since then it's really been "who knows what we're getting this year" kind of attitude concerning the season. This year I've had to snow shovel three times already! Quite a differance from last year!

Yeah, I went to the grocery store yesterday (as I always do on Saturdays) and couldn't believe the lines at the checkout. Honestly....I knew we were suppose to get snow but had no idea how much until I asked someone. That explained the crowd. They said we're forecasted to getting 8 to 12 inches.

I just looked outside. We've got about 4 to 5 inches and it's barely, barely coming down now. Don't know if more is coming or not.