1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Steinberger Content: My Xmas Gift To You

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by hifibass, Dec 26, 2012.

1. hifibass

hifibass Supporting Member

5%(+/-) of all XL's were WHITE, of that maybe 5% were 5's..... that makes this UBER RARE! Not for everyone but definitely priced right! If you can adapt to the narrow string spacing this is a bargain, I couldn't or I'd have already have this.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/3480405944.html

Cheers and Happy New Year!
  2. hifibass

hifibass Supporting Member

If my math is near correct, that means about 1/4 of 1% of all XL2's were white narrow 5's. Can you imagine what Ed Roman would have asked for it?!
  3. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

$2250 doesn't sound like a very hot deal to me. JMHO
  4. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

I'd call it a deal....for the right person.

I once bought an amp off of a bassist who had *two* *wide* *white* XL2 5 strings...one fretted, the other fretless! Incredible.
  5. mindwell

mindwell Supporting Member

Yeah, that's pretty incredible. If I had another grand and change, I'd pull the trigger.
  6. brianrost

brianrost Supporting Member

Guess you haven't priced Steinbergers lately :meh:
  7. rojo412

rojo412 You're entering a world of bass... Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    The 5'ers are stupid-rare and tend to command a premium. If this were wide, it'd be double that asking price and maybe even worth it! They aren't tanking in value either, you have to consider that.

I loved my XQ5, would love this... but don't have the buckage!
  8. tildeslash

tildeslash Supporting Member

Any issues adapting to the narrow string?
  9. rojo412

rojo412 You're entering a world of bass... Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    I thought it was fantastic for fingerstyle or pick. It was slightly harder for slap, but not impossible.
    I did get an Ibanez RB-885 that was ALMOST too narrow to play, but the Steinie was more comfy.