1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Steinberger L2 - A Geddy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WalWarrior, Nov 28, 2013.

1. WalWarrior

WalWarrior Supporting Member

Years ago when I worked for GE, I was called in on a brief on call issue on a Saturday to consult on an install in Washington, DC for what my boss said would take 5 minutes. I was on my way to a rehearsal when my pager went off. ( this was 1991 ) No cell phones then... The 5 minutes turned into over an hour. I return to my vehicle to find the window smashed and my prized Steinberger L2 and Brooklyn era Spector I just purchased from Gordon Miller Music gone. It felt like I had been kicked in the nuts a million times. Last night I found a Vintage Steinberger L2 from 1983 with a slightly higher S/N (+500, 8 mos newer) than my original in mint condition. This is indeed a Geddy Thanksgiving! Grace under Pressure here I come! I feel whole again!
  2. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Congrats on finally coming full circle with the Steiner. I know you'll enjoy it for the amazingly innovative and totally awesome bass it is!

(I have an '86 XL-2 that I will never part with).
  3. MethodsofDance

MethodsofDance

Wow, that must have been a seriously painful moment, I'd have totally flipped. Anyway thats a damn nice bass, I'd love to get one someday.
  4. ERIC31

ERIC31

Let's see a picture of that prize!! =)
  5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:
    I had serial number 550ish. Cool piece
  6. WalWarrior

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys. This bass was owned by a touring pro who bought it new in 1983. Not a scratch on it. What a score!

Attached Files:

7. WalWarrior

I lost it. When the cops came I was flipping out. Cop pissed me off telling me I was an idiot for leaving them in the car, even for a second. I kicked the side of his car and put a huge dent in the door. He knew I was pissed. I'm lucky he didn't arrest me for that. I scoured all the pawn shops in proximity for weeks. No trace. I saw my Steinberger on ebay, S/N 808. I bought it used and have no proof it was ever mine. ( I don't even remember if the cops filled out a report) It looked like it had been abused since so I didn't bid to get it back. Never again will I let instruments out of my sight, let alone leave them anyplace. That Spector was awesome as well. That would have been my 3rd Brooklyn era. The other two I currently own are black. The one that was stolen was a red burst. Live and learn.
  8. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Congrats!
    Mine's #295, formerly owned by the late, great Dee Murray.
    [​IMG]
  9. WalWarrior

That's way cool! Congrats to YOU -