1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

steinberger spirt yes or no for beginner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by motoman, Mar 14, 2014.

1. motoman

motoman

Hi guys i have a question i used to play bass and take lessions years ago. I would say i was at the high end of the beginner stage if that makes any sence. I started out on a 4 string then went to a 5 string because i liked the look and sound. Now years later i want to play again be being married and two small kids there is no time. I still have the five string but i find now that it is very heavy harder to play and just plain long it is a traben phionex blackshadow. I know i want a smaller 4 string again something that is more portable to move around the house and possibaly play in bed when im spending time with the wife. I say in bed because my wife had a very bad back injery and spends alot of time in bed to be more confortable. i was thinking of the steinberger because it is very short and no body and very light. I have never played one so i can only look at internet reviews. Thanks

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

If you're primarily gonna be playing in bed and don't really need it in a band situation, a ubass would be great, though they're great for band situations too.

3. The Thinker

The Thinker

I only played one Spirit and thought it was excellent for the money.

4. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Sure! I hear good things. I think they look pretty cool too. For a beginner, it should be just fine. Probably going to want to get it set up when you get it, though.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

Vintage Steinberger > Steinberger Synapse > Steinberger Spirit, in both quality and price, but the Spirits are certainly good enough to practice on and even play out with.