1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Stellartone for Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MarkusBass, Dec 9, 2012.

1. MarkusBass

MarkusBass Markus Orange loves you. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Graphic Designer: Lakland, Hanson Guitars, and Wilkins Guitars
    Anyone know where I can find one if these? This thing is like the Lockness Monster of bass electronics.
  2. fjadams

fjadams Supporting Member

Talked to the owner. The first batch should be in sometime this month.

Has some new offerings. The Dualtone pots are still available and should be on the website shortly. Had to stop selling them on eBay because they had you pick each part of the system, and eBay wanted to charge a user fee for each part you ordered, the user fees came to more than the pots were selling for.

Going to have 6 and 10 selector switches, controlling one pickup or dual pot controlling two pickups. Not having the 16 selector switches because of the cost going up so much. Wanted to keep the price point. Don't see this as a problem, as I have them on two basses and always go two or more stops when changing.

Also have a Dualtone going in one of my Jag SS basses, the other one has two ToneStylers, and am ordering a ToneStyler Dual 10 for when my Gibson Thunderbird SS gets its makeover.
  3. MarkusBass

Disclosures:
    Great info! Thanks very much. I put myself on the waiting list...anything else I should do?
  4. iunno

iunno

I'd say build one yourself, they're ridiculously overpriced.
  5. MarkusBass

Disclosures:
    No way am I going to do that. Not my thang:-(
  6. MarkusBass

Disclosures:
    Anyone want to build me one?
  7. fjadams

If you're on the list, they'll eMail you as they become available.

I see a lot of people who've never used them complain about the price. IMHO, they are worth what they cost. Have two basses with them installed now, have two more that they are going into, and have one of the original Jazz ToneStylers that I haven't decided what I am going to install it in. People think nothing of laying out a couple f hundred for a monster cable to transmit the tone from a .29¢ factory pot. I prefer to upgrade the electronics, some do not, I have no Idea which is right, except for me.
  8. fjadams

And I do like that orange Lakland. Would really like one of the SS Decades in teal. Since I'm probably either retiring or going on medical disability soon, I don't see one of them in my future.
  9. MarkusBass

Disclosures:
    Thanks very much...so the waiting begins!

Thanks very much! Sorry to hear about the medical issue:-/
  10. fjadams

Thanks. Getting old and having medical problems is just a part of life. We'll all fall to one or both at some point.

He said that the new ToneStyler Dual, 10 positions probably will be the last to arrive, so my wait will be long, but fruitful in the end. My TBird will thank me in the end.