1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

stereo/dual graphic eq suggestions

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Slade N, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Slade N

Slade N sunn #91 AZ Bands #? Supporting Member

Im am thinking of adding a stereo/dual rack graphic eq to the PA to eq monitors on one channel and kick on the other

must be
    1u rack stereo
    best possible for about $100 or less

2. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

3. Slade N

Slade N sunn #91 AZ Bands #? Supporting Member

LOL! thats what i thought too

...how about used?

4. Geri O

Geri O

This is truly not meant to be mean or sarcastic, but speaking from experience (and that means attempting to help well-meaning, but unsuspecting folks that fell for those things)...

A graph of that quality is worse than not having a graph at all. Seriously, save your money and look for a 2-space dual-channel DBX, Rane, or Ashly EQ on Ebay or Craigslist. Ashly Proteas are going for VERY cheap these days. DOD and other El Cheapo units sound awful and do funny things that a half-decent EQ won't do.

Just my (20 years regional PA experience) opinion...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You can find 1RU 2 X 15 Ranes or DBXs for right around 100 bucks used pretty regularly. I sold my Rane on TB for about that not too long ago, in excellent condition. You're going to need at least 2RU for a decent analog 2 X 31. Short faders are kind of a bummer though, IMHO.