Sterling by musicman s.u.b. LOVE any pitfalls that I should be aware of?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Arnie, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I really fell in love with the walnut sterling by MM S.U.B. bass I played at guitar center. It was one of the best sounding sub $300 basses I have ever played.

The sustain was incredible, the tone was fantastic.

So what is the deal behind these? are these all made in indonesia? since I have never played an OLP is there much of a difference?

Is this made by MM / Sterling or licensed?

I guess bottom line is if I am happy with the sound thats all.
  2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

I have the SB4. I just had it out and wondered why I put it in the classifieds. Some here find the electronics to be bad. Not me, for the price point I think they are wonderful. Fit and finish are very good. They are made in Indonesia. OLP was licensed, from what I understand MM controls the whole deal? If I do sell, it will be to purchase a mint green Ray4.

This may have what you are looking for:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/sterling-music-man-sub-ray4-ray5-871370/
  3. MartstheBass

MartstheBass

I have one and think its a wonderful bass for the price, I love the feel and tone I get from it. I accept that its not built to the quality of a US-made Stingray but I fail to see quite how that could be £1000-better than this bass is? In reality this is a solidly-built and set up instrument which will certainly provide good service for a very respectable price and I fully intend having a black/maple and (if it becomes available in the UK) a mint green version.