sterling ray 34ca

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by himluis1, Feb 1, 2014.

1. himluis1

himluis1

I recently bought a sterling ray 34ca at guitar center new on a manager special for $359.00 but doesn't include any gig bag …. Any recommendations ???
  2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

You can buy a gigbag or a hardshell case pretty cheap. GC will have an assortment. Or you can look on your local craigslist and proabably find a dozen.
  3. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly Supporting Member

Whoa.. that's a great deal on one of those.

I have one and it is absolutely amazing (seafoam green with a maple fingerboard). I swapped the pickup for a Nordstrand MM4.2 and the preamp with the aguilar OBP 3.. best sounding/playing bass I've ever owned.
  4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

The Ray 34ca ships with a really nice SBMM gig bag from the factory. You got a hell of a deal at $359.00 but it still should have included the gig bag if they were being straight up.

TD
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. EdgeXXL

EdgeXXL Supporting Member

It depends on which Ray 34ca he got. Not all of them come with a gig bag. If it was the 2TB Ray 34ca they are an GC exclusive color and ship with no bag. My local GC has one hanging on the wall for the same price.
  7. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Great bass for a great price.

Lots of high end options out there, but you can get a nice padded bag for $50-60 at GC.
  8. Thornton Davis

I bought a new Ray34ca for my son in 3TSB and it came out of the box in a SBMM gig bag. So at least the dealer I bought it from didn't play games.

TD
  9. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

No games here-The 2 tone (which I prefer) is a GC exclusive and as a loss leader promo, does not include a gig bag-at any GC location.
  10. Youngspanion

Youngspanion

Yes. Its true. I bought the same bass which was confirmed by Brian Martin
    VP of Sales & Marketing, Sterling By Music Man.

Great bass. I am not going to change the electronics because I LOVE the tone. I am so happy with this bass. My band loves the tone of it and I'm having a blast with it.

I too need to pick up a hard shell for it. And a new strap too.:D
  11. EdgeXXL

OPPS double post
  12. EdgeXXL

Did you buy the 3TB at GC? Brian Martin told me the 2TB is a GC exclusive and only 100 of them were made. He also told me GC doesn't sell the 3TB model. he told me there are differences in the finish between the two but I couldn't tell. The 2TB doesn't come with a bag.
  13. Thornton Davis

No, it was purchased at another large music store.

TD
  14. Youngspanion

Youngspanion

Can you post pics of the bass and Gigbag????:hyper::hyper:

I just would like to see the difference in bursts from Two tone to Three tone. I have the Two tone. Plus, I am curious about the gig bag that SBMM include.
  15. himluis1

himluis1

16. himluis1

himluis1

thats the bass , GC has it for $359.00 when they sell it online for $749.00 with gig bag and all but also the bass is $600 by itself ... no complaints on the price at all just checking for options and opinions on what case or bag i should get for this type of bass , thats all ... thanks for all the feedback