Sterling SUB owners...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dbt25677, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Dbt25677

Dbt25677

(not a club)

Hi, I'm about to get a SUB Ray4 (for Christmas :D) and I know it's an active bass, so what do you have to do to not use the battery when not playing?
    Like when I'm done playing for the day, and I set it down, what can I do which may leave the battery running and use up all the power in the battery?

Thanks

2. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

Just unplug the guitar lead from the output jack. I don't own one of these basses but all of my active basses have the output socket of the bass wired so that the battery is switched on when you plug your signal cable into the bass.

I would be amazed if the Sub was any different

3. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Unplug it just like most other active basses. Every active bass I've owned is like that. The battery will last a long time if you remember to unplug it. Many unplug between sets at a gig and during practice breaks.

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Yeah, just don't leave it plugged in overnight, and you'll be fine... I change the batteries on my actives twice a year, when the clocks change - but have gotten a year out of them without any trouble... Those basses offer alot of bang for the buck - I hope it works out for you... Buy used, and you're way ahead of the game...

- georgestrings

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dbt25677

Dbt25677

Alright, thanks for the responses.