1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Stingray 5 neck radius question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RSmith, Dec 16, 2013.

1. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

The new Stingray 5 “Classics” have a rounder 7.25 radius compared to the standard flatter 9 in radius on other current SR5’s. I’m looking at getting an earlier ‘92 ish model, I prefer the flatter radius can someone who owns or has owned an older one tell me what the neck radius on the early 90’s era SR5's was?

Thanks,
  2. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

The "normal" SR5 has always had the same fingerboard radius since it came out in '87.

The Classic SR5 is a different beast and only meant to compliment the Classic SR4 which is based on 70's StingRays.
    There was never such a thing as a 70's SR5 or it's specs.
  4. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
    11". All MM 5-strings but the Classic series are 11" radius.
  5. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

That's what I needed to know. Thanks!!