1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Stingray Classic 5 / Sadowsky MV5 PJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cocobass, Feb 9, 2014.

1. cocobass

cocobass

Dear fellow Low Frequency Generators,

Up for sale are two basses, both in excellent shape, both professionally set up. Thank you, for looking:

1) Ernie Ball / Musicman Stingray 5 Classic, one of 25 built in what they call Raspberry Sorbet, but more commonly known as Burgundy Mist. Classic combination of rosewood fingerboard, white pickguard and white pickup cover over Burgundy Mist. Flame maple neck, strung with Ernie Ball Cobalts, tiny ding on side of fretboard- wouldn't photograph- about 1.25mm. Color of body is difficult to photograph, but if you know Burgundy Mist, you know the proper color of this bass.
    Overall in 9.999 excellent condition. Glorious Stingray tone. Very comfortable to play, weighs in at about 9.5 pounds. Again, one of 25 ever built and gorgeous. Very articulate tone- this bass can really get your point across. It can purr, it can roar. $1550 firm.

2) Sadowsky MV5 PJ, Tobacco Burst, maple neck (note subtle flame on rear of neck), Strung with Sadowsky Blue Label strings, tort pickguard, one ding about 1.5mm on lower edge of body- back side just north of control cavity cover towards the lower bout, doesn't break the paint. Overall condition 9.999. Set up to perfection, plays wonderfully. Weighs in at about 8.5 pounds. I thought the case was empty the first time I picked it up. Everything from subtle to the most commanding tone is at your fingertips. Get Pbass tone at the turn of a knob, blend for a full, articulate sound or solo the Jazz bass pickup for soloing or a more bright and snappy tone...an extraordinarily versatile bass. $2000 firm

Both basses are unique in tone, both refuse to hide in an ensemble, yet both sit right where they belong. They give you what everyone wants- great sounding bass - just the right amount of everything. Nothing says you are a top player more than a Sadowsky or Musicman. Nothing makes you sound more like you are a top player than these basses.

Not interested in trades. Buyer pays shipping. Paypal preferred. Cash / Carry if you are local to Seattle. I apologize- U.S. / domestic sales only. Both basses ship with case. Now for the pictures...

Attached Files:

2. cocobass

cocobass

...and more...

Attached Files:

3. cocobass

cocobass

....and more...

Attached Files:

4. cocobass

cocobass

Just in case you are wondering, I have other Sadowskys, Stingrays and Fenders...I can play only so many. These basses deserve to by played and heard more than I am able to offer. Thus, the sale. Yes- I am sure I will regret this:bawl:

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cocobass

cocobass

Bump on two great basses for sale.

7. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User Supporting Member

Sent you a message. Sadowsky still for sale?

8. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User Supporting Member

So two unanswered messages on the Sadowsky. I guess he doesn't want to sell it after all...

9. maisbass

maisbass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Media:
  10. cocobass

cocobass

Dear all,

Due to confusion, I thought messages were forwarded to my personal email. However, as many of you know, there is a private message facility on this forum that I was unaware of.

Please accept my apologies if you have written to me and not received a response.

Going forward, I know where to look!

All the Bass,

Bryant

By the way, both basses are still for sale. Again, I am sorry for any misunderstanding.

11. jonno1707

jonno1707 Supporting Member

12. cocobass

cocobass

Dear all,

Both basses are available- Sadowsky & Stingray BUMP!

13. fudgegf

fudgegf Supporting Member

14. cocobass

cocobass

Dear Fellow Low Frequency Generators,

The Sadowsky has sold: $2k

Thank you for all of your interest and understanding.

The Stingray is still available!

Cocobass

15. cocobass

cocobass

Bump on a great Stingray for sale! Rare color, only 25 made!

16. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Is this available? Please PM me.

17. cocobass

cocobass

Bump-diddy-bump-diddy-bump!!!

Stingray Still available.

Strung with colbalts and sounds killer!

18. cocobass

cocobass

19. cocobass

cocobass