Stingray Classic 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassfart, Sep 5, 2012.

1. bassfart

bassfart Gold Supporting Member

Who our there owns one of these bass, and what are your thoughts about them?

2. CORBS

CORBS

I don't own one, but I have played several, and they are pretty awesome. Pricey, yes. They are banking on the whole nostalgia "New Coke" thing, and charging more for less, but they are really nice basses that sound fantastic and play well.

3. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

I owned 3, two fivers and a four string. Very nice and sound a lot different from a standard model. The limited gilded white ones are super cool - they have an active / passive switch.

4. Gigabajillion

Gigabajillion

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Ibanez
    I actually own two 5'rs. They are great basses! I don't know anything about an active passive switch, but they do have string mutes that introduce a neat "vintage" vibe. The string through body makes for a good resonance. My opinions of course! Fantastic B string. Man it sounds good. They have a tighter fingerboard radius than the Modern Rays which I personally liked. They sing more in the upper register than the Moderns as well. Again my opinion ;)

As with all, try before you buy, both of mine sound different but in a unique way. But they do sound different to be sure

5. Register to disable this ad