1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Stingray Pickguard HS to HH conversion/ modification.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by shakman, Jan 22, 2013.

1. shakman

shakman

I recently got a killer deal on three stingray pickguards, in the same 3 colors I wanted. The catch is they are for an HS Stingray, while I have a HH. I still scooped them up, figuring that if I couldn't cut one cleanly, I could still sell the other 2 for profit. Now I ask, before I start, has any one had success cutting an H or HS pickguard to fit on an HH. If so, how we're the results, and what methods did you use. Thanks

2. Lowactnsatsfctn

Lowactnsatsfctn

Lining it up on a pre cut HH makes it easier.

3. ma4rk

ma4rk

For the cutting part, find a local engraver or rubber stamp maker who has a laser cutting machine - those things can cut most materials with some serious accuracy. Take you're existing HH guard in & they'll probably scan it into the computer to get everything perfect.

4. shakman

shakman

What tool, machine to use? I don't own a router, but I have a dremal. Would that suffice?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. shakman

shakman

That sounds like the best bet, though maybe a bit costly.

7. ma4rk

ma4rk

It would probably only take 10 minutes of their time so probably won't be that much considering the accuracy vs a DIY job. My father was a rubber stamp maker & would do similar cut out jobs for about $10AUD.

8. abemo

abemo

A dremel would work fine with the right bit, i'd use the existing pg as a template, and try it on scratch material first though.

9. shakman

shakman

Tx for Ll the input guys. Here's pics of my bass the the pg's in question

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358985199.915116.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358985217.921236.jpg

10. shakman

shakman