1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Stock Jazz Bass Pickup Demo

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassrob68, Feb 1, 2014.

1. bassrob68

bassrob68 Supporting Member

Hello everyone,
    My name is Rob and I just joined Talkbass. I recently got a new Jazz bass, and I'm going to change the pickups to Seymour Duncan Antiquity II's, the bridge to a Hipshot FM 1 brass bridge and install D'Addario nickel round wound strings 45-105. I'm making a before and after video if anyone's interested. Here's the link to the before video.
    Thanks and enjoy.
  2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

I advise that you change one thing at a time, and wait a week before making more changes. Keep fresh strings on it.
  3. Clouz

Clouz The Ayatollah of Jack and Cola Supporting Member

that thing sounds just fine and dandy the way it is. :bassist:
  4. bassrob68

Thanks for the advice Jim, much appreciated and I kinda agree with you Clouz, it does sound pretty good but I used this combo of parts a few years back with great results so we'll see what happens when I record part 2. Thanks again for the feedback guys
  5. EmptyCup

EmptyCup Supporting Member

Welcome to TB bassrob68!
  6. bassrob68

Thanks Empty Cup. :)
  7. bassrob68

Quick update: I picked up the newly modified bass on Saturday and as always played it acoustically to really hear the sound of the instrument and the first thing I noticed was more sustain from the Hipshot FM 1 bridge which also adds a beefy, cool look to the bass
    All doubts were removed after plugging it in as the Duncan Antiquity II pickups really sang and gave it that "J- Bass growl". Even a student of mine who is a bit inexperienced on customization noticed the sonic change in the bass. Video update coming soon