1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Stolen basses alert in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan55, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Dan55

Dan55 Supporting Member

Got home from work yesterday and found my back door kicked in and 5 of my basses gone along a couple of six strings.

Roadworn P-bass with a RW Jazz neck and tort guard
    Hwy 1 sunburst P bass with a CIJ maple neck and gold guard.
    Hwy 1 black P bass with a CIJ rosewood neck and tort guard.
    The 3 above all had vintage RI bridges and tuners.
    '71 natural P bass w/ a maple '76 neck and neck plate and gold guard. Had that one since '78.
    CIJ white '62 RI Jazz bass with a rosewood Allparts neck with block fingerboard inlays and Nordstrand p'ups
    Cherry '63 Gibson SG Junior with 1 bent tuning key. I inherited this one from my Dad whe he passed away, which makes it more painful.
    '83 Sigma-Martin acoustic flattop.

All pix, etc were on my desktop computer and/or laptop, both of which were also taken. Also gone is an external hard drive I had everything backed up on.

I expect some of this stuff will turn up on Craigslist and ebay, so if anyone out there sees anything suspicious on the Atlanta Craigslist or elsewhere, shoot me a PM. Right now my only computer access is from work.

Thanks,
    Dan
  2. grinx

grinx

omg

people suck

/hug
  3. Ivan M

Ivan M Gold Supporting Member

DITTO. Hopefully the scum that did this will die a SLOW and very PAINFUL death and the only thoughts on his mind was when he committed this burglary. Good luck with finding your stuff. I will check out craigslist from time to time if something looks like your stuff i will certainly alert you.
  4. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

+1.

I had my 1973 Jazz stolen a couple of years back and it sucked.

Good luck... hope everything is found.
  5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Dan, I've forwarded this list to my dad who owns a guitar shop in Conyers. He is out of town this weekend for the Charlotte guitar show, but I've forwarded to his employees, too.

We'll all wish you the best of luck. The older pieces are a bit more recognizable, so hopefully they won't be too tough to track down. I search the online classifieds and listings for Atlanta and Birmingham pretty regularly, so I'll keep an eye out.

Best of luck in your recoveries. Especially w/ the SG.
  6. nickbass79

nickbass79

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Hope your situation turns for the better.
  7. Dan55

Dan55 Supporting Member

Thanks, guys. Chances are slim I'll ever see any of this stuff again, but you never know.

Dan
  8. emart

emart Supporting Member

Man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that. I hope you luck out and at least some of it turns up undamaged.
  9. jamminology101

jamminology101 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    What do u think of your select jazz? I got #36 of the first run of 100. There is a gap in the neck/body insert a small animal could get stuck in and all my tuning keys were loose and 2 of the string buckets where u pull ur strings thru have fallen out....dissapppointing to say the least for over 2k.....Gettin back to the post, I too will keep an eye out as I always scan all the lists as well as all the online used gear places and let u kno if something comes up....I think we all got a chill up our spines as we imagined that happening to us....I know I did. That dude can burn in hell
  10. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars
    It was someone that has been to your crib before. A so called friend or a friend of a friend. A true and jealous hater. Someone who knows what you have. Check the pawn shops man, local music stores, classifieds. I hope you recover your basses. Something will surface sooner or later. Had any friends or friends of friends that were relocating, moving, having a bad time financially? Hopefully you have insurance????
  11. whitedk57

whitedk57

I forwarded this list to our local pawn shop. I know I am about 2.5 hours from Atlanta, but you never know when somebody might decide to go out of town and pawn those things.

You said they took your laptop with all your pics. Is it possible you might have uploaded any of them on the internet (perhaps this web site)?
  12. NatalyPlaysBass

NatalyPlaysBass

Dan, my heart goes out to you. It really does. I wish there was something I could do, but I'm so far away :(
  13. FrednBass

FrednBass

Oh man! I hope you can get them back... and that the thief dies in a car crash or something.
    :(:(:(
  14. JMac4strngr

JMac4strngr 4th degree Slacker Supporting Member

Dan,
    First thing, I am sorry to hear of this and hope You can recover Your stuff, or Your Home owners insurance pays to replace everything.

I had the same thing happen to Me at the first of the Year, and It really sucks BIG TIME! It seems that a lot of this has been going on in Our area.

I will sub this thread, keep My eyes peeled, and give You a shout if any of Your gear turns up in My area/ part of the City.

Best of luck!
  15. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

I will keep an eye out in Jax. You never know.

16. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

I guess you've reported the breaking & entering to the police. Stuff like this also can come up at pawn shops.
    It's good to take photos of instruments and macro photos of the serial numbers and upload them on a photo sharing site. That way, you always have a backup.
  17. Beller

Beller

Sorry, bro. I'll pay attention around here.
  18. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

I'm in the ATL. I'll keep an eye out. So sorry man...
  19. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

This is why I bought a gun safe for mine. It's just too easy to smash-and-grab guitars.
  20. Ivan M

Ivan M Gold Supporting Member

Dude never thought of this, EXCELLENT idea man, and to think i am retired Law Enforcement and only think of gun safes for my rifles. I am on the hunt now for another safe for my babies. GREAT IDEA. Thanks a million times over.