Stolen basses

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by frankstallone, Feb 10, 2014.

1. frankstallone

frankstallone

TBers,

I too had my door kicked in last week and had all 3 of my basses stolen. Two of them were the American Fenders posted below.

[​IMG]

08 P bass. Ser: z8069003

09 Jazz: ser: z9393140

The third that I don't have a pic or serial for was a black on black fretless peavey fury...probably sticks out.

Thank you for any info and thanks to TB for having this forum.

p.s. - I live in Oklahoma City.
  2. MrBKerth

MrBKerth Bassist for The Sipps (Presskit.to/TheSipps) Supporting Member

watch the DFW Cl. I actually saw someone recover a stolen 70's Fender (reverse situation, stolen here but found in OKC) that the guy tried to sell for like 500 bucks.
    frankstallone likes this.
  3. dogofgod

dogofgod

I might suggest doing a nationwide search on CL for the basses in a couple weeks. Most people wait for you to move on or forget and then post in far off cities. Some apps also have notices when certain products go up on CL. Also check out GC used section everyday. Good luck!
  4. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lawyer & Hobbist Bass Maker
    So sorry to hear this. I know most of you guys earn a living off of your gear.
    Fender gear is always harder to trace because it's so prevalent, easy to sell and even easier for people to part them out.

Do you have insurance to cover this?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. frankstallone

frankstallone

I had insurance but also had a pretty painful deductible. Interestingly though I received a call from the police and they found my fretless. Unfortunately the fenders had already sold through the pawn shop and apparently there's nothing they can do. But they know who sold my basses and that they lied which is a felony and apparently just as serious as if they were caught stealing. So now I'm just waitng to hear from OKC PD for the trial. At least I get my fretless back and hopefully a little justice will be served.