1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
  2. Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting. Note that the Classifieds Forums are now single-post ads. You can edit your ad any time to enter additional information. You can BUMP your ad by clicking the "bump" link at the bottom of your post (once every 24 hours). Thanks!

Stolen Dingwall AB1

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Siri, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Siri

Siri Supporting Member

My Dingwall AB1 5 string in beautiful Honey Amber Burst with black hardware, serial #3870 was stolen out of my house in Portland OR, along with some other personal stuff on sunday, 11-24-2013. Dingwall soft gig bag. In excellent shape. Bought it of TB a few years back.

Dealing with the Police and Insurance Co now. Yeah.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Dan Fisher

Photos:
    http://s854.photobucket.com/user/danfisher108/library/Dingwall AB1?sort=3&page=1
  2. Sheldon D.

Sheldon D.

Really hate to hear this has happened to you. Please post it on the Dingwall club thread and also on our forum. I think to this date of the few basses and guitars that have been stolen, all have eventually been found.
  3. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Supporting Member

I hope they catch the thief/thieves and he/she gets some time in the cell to think about changing their lifestyle.
  4. Siri

Siri Supporting Member

Thanks guys.
  5. rollerberg2000

rollerberg2000 Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

This^

What the thief has on their hands is not a shiny yellow bicycle he can paint black and resell.

Or a run of the mill ,fill in the ______ bass either, Dingwalls get noticed, and yours will turn up!

Good luck, and I hope they catch the scumbag....
  6. Siri

Siri Supporting Member

Yes, they stole the wrong bass. A very unique one that will draw attention, especially with the fanned frets.

I had 4 basses including the AB1 in cases leaning up against the living room wall and a 1981 G&L L1000 out on a stand. Of course they take the Dingwall...
  7. SemiDriven

SemiDriven Supporting Member

That stinks.

Sounds like they knew exactly which bass to take.

May your Dingwall find its way back to you!
  8. Bocete

Bocete Supporting Member

Things like this make me very angry. I'll take note on any Honey Amber serial numbers.

How old is the bass? Does it have a BluEQube switch? Are the neck and the headstock painted black? Are pickups rectangular or rounded?

Here's a pic of an older, and here's a pic of a newer AB-I. Note how the new AB-I does not have a BluEQube switch, has the headstock/neck heel painted black and a more rounded pickup shape. These changes happened over a long period of time so your bass may have none, some of all of them.
  9. Siri

Siri Supporting Member

Thanks for the photos Bocete. I had the older model shown in the photo; unpainted neck, headstock and neck heal. 3 knobs and 1 switch. Rectangular pickups. Year unknown. It has a quilt maple top with a lovely red yellow sunburst. Dingwall calls it Honey Amber.