1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

STOLEN Gear 2/24/2014 Oakland, CA

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Joe Kyle Jr., Feb 27, 2014.

1. Joe Kyle Jr.

Joe Kyle Jr.

Monday, Feb. 24, 2014 STOLEN GEAR ALERT!!

Please help me be on the lookout for the following gear taken from me on Monday 2/24/14 in Oakland, CA:

1) 1968 Fender Dual Showman amplifier silverface w/black padded cordura cover by LeCover. One of the tube covers is missing from one of the 12ax7s. The logo on the amp cover has been colored in with a black Sharpie, but you can still see the logo.

2) Bag End D-10XD 2x10 4-ohm bass speaker cabinet, red carpeted covering

3) 2006 Squire P-bass, white w/black pickguard. Custom Curtis Novak pickup. Black soft gig bag w/backpack straps. Fake suede guitar strap with the name STEPH

4) A small M-Audio backpack containing:
    Blast Cult Channel Blaster pre-amp
    Diamond bass compressor pedal
    Radial Bassbone pre-amp
    MXR bass envelope filter pedal
    TC Electronic Ditto & Polytune Mini pedals
    Shure SM-58 microphone
    Lava, Mogami, Monster ¼”cables; mic cables Misc. patch cables and power supply wall-warts.

Oakland Police Report #14-902346

Thanks for looking!!

Joe Kyle Jr.
  2. Curtis Novak

Curtis Novak

Disclosures:
    Pickup Artist at Curtis Novak Classic Pickups
    Oh Joe,
    That REALLY sucks! I am so sorry to hear that.
    Good luck.
    Curtis
  3. Joe Kyle Jr.

Joe Kyle Jr.

That was the bass with your pickup, Curtis!! I brought it out on a funk gig Sunday night and I had such a great time playing it. It had such a sweet, even, and musical response all the way up the neck. It really sang above the 9th fret. Nary a dead spot...not bad for a $250 bass.
    You gonna be at MerleFest??
  4. Curtis Novak

Curtis Novak

Disclosures:
    Pickup Artist at Curtis Novak Classic Pickups
    Yeah I remember putting int in your bass right before you went on stage to do the Eat a Peach Album. It did really sound good! Sadly no...
    Curtis