1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  2. Search results may return 0 or few results. We are currently rebuilding the search index, may take a couple hours. Thank you for your patience!

Stolen Gear in Dayton, OH

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Leo Smith, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Leo Smith

Leo Smith Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    USAF Band of Flight, Dayton, Ohio
    So, someone decided to break into my garage, and take the gear out of my car. That's ballz. Here's a list of what's missing --

- precision-style bass made of spare parts. Notable has a Les-Paul style headstock and neck made by Warmoth. Was in a Mono M80 bag.

- Kern IP-777 preamp, which I JUST got last week from Smokin-Bear, another TB user.

- Ampeg SVT-BSP preamp.

- Both preamps were housed in a blue 4-space rack.

- GK MB150E combo amp, my constant companion for the last 15 years. #1E9830E34149777

- Aguilar GS112NT speaker. 1x12 cabinet, carpet cover, had the Aguilar cover as well. Serial # 9475

- Aguilar TLC compressor pedal.

- backpack with the usual assortment of cables, business cards, tambourine, etc.

Each piece has a serial number or other identifying marks. It needs to be noted that the Aguilar speaker, Aguilar pedal, and Ampeg preamp are PROPERTY OF THE US AIR FORCE. (ie, Government-owned)

Some photos to follow. Thanks for reading, and if you see this stuff give me a shout.

Leo Smith 707-718-820

Attached Files:

2. Leo Smith

Disclosures:
    photo of Kern preamp

Attached Files:

3. Sunnburn

Sunnburn Supporting Member

I'll definitely keep my eyes and ears aware.

4. Leo Smith

Disclosures:
    Thanks, Sunnburn. Tell your buddies too. Hope to see you out on the scene sometime.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Leo Smith

Disclosures:
    So far, nothing yet. The local police have been helpful, but they can only do so much. The local music stores know about the gear. I'm headed down to the swap meets this afternoon, maybe something will show up there!

7. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

I usually make rounds at some of the pawn shops on Saturdays, I'll check them as I do.

8. Leo Smith

Disclosures:
    Thanks... the pawn shops are being covered by other resources also. It's the music stores that are a concern. Used gear at a music store doesn't get entered into a police database, nor is there a holding period before it can be sold. I've put feelers out at Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Hauer, Absolute, Centerville Music, and ReCreate. Someone suggested I visit Mike's Music in Cincinnati. Any other ideas?

9. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

I would check Play it Again music. Good luck I will keep my eyes out.

10. Jim Campbell

Jim Campbell Banned

i've had stuff go missing within minutes,and now i'm convinced that neighbors are/were the culprits.....these days i don't bring things in during the day and am conscious of how things appear to prying eyes...a new to me half stack came in thru the alley,and my new to me svt coulda been anything in a trash bag.... .call me paranoid,but not letting people see what you have goes a long way.... i don't have big fender or ampeg posters that can be seen from the road.....

what i did with my garage is drill out the track that the overhead door rides in and fit a padlock through the hole....and tho' it's a pain,i park with the tailgate close to the bench...they want it,they have to lift it,and drag it out the man door,which is alarmed.........,but generally it's better to take stuff inside the house........

11. Leo Smith

Disclosures:
    Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't help me now. The garage has been empty for months now.