Stolen in South Florida, My pride and Joy :(

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by skiscem, Aug 8, 2010.

1. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

Tonight, i went to eat with my gf after practice, left my bass on the back of my jeep cherokee... someone broke the window and took just the bass on its case

the case is a white coffin shape, pretty beat up and with a green symbol on it, the bass is a Squier Jazz Deluxe 5, highly modified, nordstrand big singles, badass V, hipshot tuners, carbon fiber but and string retainer, flat black finish and a nicely engraved neck plate.

i have a big sentimental value for that bass, it is the best bass i have ever played, and it is very unique so if you see a Jazz deluxe in flat with nordys, its probably mine..

I filled a police report already and there is no serial number. the bass was stolen in Pompano Beach, Sample and US1
    the headstock now says Fender, i hope nobody gets ripped off thinking its a real one

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. skiscem

3. waleross

waleross

Gee this happened in my neck of the woods......Nice looking bass. I'm sure you'll be able to replace it locally ASAP...Best of luck...................................:cool:
  4. mcapote

mcapote

I'll keep an eye @ kendall GC for ya alex, also make sure you check out the hallandale GC we met up at that day they take alot of used axes there.
  5. Yango

Yango

I feel for you man... I hope you get it back.

I never leave my bass in the car, not even for 5 minutes... it's a pain in the butt to lug around... but I've heard too many stories like yours.
  6. skiscem

Thanks guys! i will keep you all posted in anything changes
  7. Elchupacabra

Elchupacabra

I may be going to GC West Palm today or tomorrow, so I'll try to look through any used gear or tell the staff that it's stolen in case somebody tries to turn it in there.
  8. skiscem

Thanks man!, if you see it, just let me know, i am offering $100 reward, please help me spread the word.

Thanks

Alex
  9. Infidelity

Infidelity

I would be looking around for it.. I might check pawn shops too.. :)
  10. bass.monger

bass.monger

dude, thats sucks. regularly check ur local pawn shops and music stores. i hope u find it
  11. skiscem

Thanks Guys!, good to know i have more eyes all over south florida, i might sound like a broken record, but this bass is very important to me, and it cannot be recreated, im never going to stop looking for my bass.
    I am going this weekend to every pawn shop in my area, if yo see a bass that looks like it, its probably mine, there is not another one like it.

Thanks again
  12. Elchupacabra

Elchupacabra

I haven't been able to check GC West Palm yet, but I think that I will be able to tomorrow.
  13. Colbycheese

Colbycheese

Some of my old guitar buddies live around South beach, I'll put out the word to them to keep an eye out.
  14. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Supporting Member

Have you registered your loss via the relevant links in my sig?
  15. skiscem

Thanks everyone, i went to every pawnshop in my area but nothing.. i will keep going every weekend when possible, MIJ, i will check now and register my bass.
    Thanks again for your support!!
  16. fintanbk

fintanbk

Disclosures:
    Co-Founder, dbTwang.com
  17. skiscem

Thanks! to my surprise they had posted about my bass already! Thanks and i am open to any suggestion, i really miss my bass
  18. Infidelity

Infidelity

Checked GC in WPB.. Nothing.. I'll check some local pawnshops too..
  19. MiamiBasser

MiamiBasser

sorry for your loss. i am also amazed at how few electric players carry insurance on their gear. upright players are more accustomed to buying ins for their basses because of their high costs. i use music pro...i am not endorsing them or work for them...just trying to spread the word about ins.
  20. skiscem

Thanks Miamibasser, i really appreciate your help, the the detective assigned to my case called me yesterday and said that it might take up to month to the bass to pop up at a pawn-shop because they hold on to it until police does a check up, but since mine doesnt have a serial# they might not even check whit the police