Stolen lunch in the work place

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 9, 2014.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    TBers,

How do you handle having your lunch lifted at work? I'm handling it by deciding where I am going to go to acquire another meal.

2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Take two lunches and a sign stating that one of them contains E Coli.

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

I have known people that laced a dummy lunch with the hottest spices they can find. At one place I worked there was a guy that would nurse a soda for half a day. He noticed that someone had been stealing some on a regular basis. He started urinating in a dummy drink and put it it the fridge. This went on for several days, then he taped a note on the fridge notifying the culprit they had been drinking piss. The theft stopped.

4. GK Growl

GK Growl

I would round everyone up at gunpoint and start administering flesh wounds until people started talking.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium

Isn't that weird? Someone at my last job was a chronic food-stealer. We never caught anyone, but the person most of us suspected was a VP who made about 200K a year.

7. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

Make a sandwich loaded with ex-lax

8. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

No - sugarless gummy bears.

I'm glad I've never worked in an office situation where this kind of thing happens. It just seems so juvenile.

9. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

Or an entire bottle of hot sauce

10. GK Growl

GK Growl

I've worked in a place where we not only had lunches and snacks stolen. They also stole tools, personal items, and an air compressor. They never caught one person, even after installing cameras. A lady who had her snacks stolen was about 5 months pregnant at the time and she wrote a really nasty passive/aggresive note saying to the thief that she hoped they could sleep at night knowing how they stole food from an unborn baby's mouth! She taped in to the fridge in the breakroom but HR quickly came and tore it down once they found out about it.

11. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

I've never had it happen to me before. I accidentally stole my fathers lunch out of the fridge at work once, though haha. (We work in the same shop) I was told by coworkers that there was pizza in the fridge for me, well I grabbed the first tin foil wrapped piece I saw.

But we do/did have a problem with someone stealing snacks out of the $1 box at work. It's based on the honor system, take a snack, put a dollar in the slot. Sometimes the boxes would turn up missing like $20. Now the company puts out baskets of apples and nuts for everyone to take from for free. The theft has stopped, it seems. And the apples are a nice break from candy bars every night :p

12. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Never had this happen, but if it does, I'm stealing the spice idea.

13. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

The refrigerator as most workplaces are usually pretty nasty. That alone makes me not want to bring my lunch in to work. So why anyone would want to take food out of a dirty nasty fridge is beyond me.

I actually ran across a co-worker who *THOUGHT* that her lunch had been stolen a few days ago. I happened to be in the kitchen at the time getting coffee and happened across the scene. This lady was borderline apoplectic about the situation, wondering why anyone would steal HER lunch, and went about describing her lunch and it's packaging in detail. Lo and behold, I go to get milk for my coffee and find something behind the milk. What's this? It's missing lunch lady's food. Untouched. But clearly, someone had shuffled it to some place else in the fridge. So I mentioned it to her and she was thankful.

It left me wondering just how many of these people who think that their lunch was stolen were just unable to find it in a fridge full of OTHER people's lunches.

14. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

I've heard of this happening, but have never experienced it even secondhand. As for the spice idea, my cooking is pretty much like that anyway. Someone who steals my lunch better like it hot.

15. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Easy- develop a taste for head cheese.

16. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

And Haggis

17. skwee

skwee

I just hope someone didn't nab it because they couldn't afford food.

18. tplyons

tplyons

I keep my lunch at my desk, not in a fridge. Never had one stolen from me.

19. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    Once upon a time at my workplace, a colleague sent out an e-mail because his lunch had been repeatedly stolen. He was a health foods freak, and vegetarian, so his message said: "The suspects can be identified by their excellent health and mental energy."

20. line6man

line6man

Aside from being a completely juvenile and tasteless thing to do, why would someone want to steal food, with no knowledge of how it may have been prepared? The guy you're stealing a sandwich from might have scratched his *** right before assembling it. :meh:

21. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

i would just start spitting in my sangwiches, i mean hay, its my spit