1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Stolen: Warwick Streamer Stage 1, lefty, 4 string, 1997

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by markcv, Jan 18, 2012.

1. markcv

markcv Supporting Member

Hi all,

In 2010 I purchased this beautiful 1997 Warwick Streamer Stage 1 4 string. I bought it from a woman in Texas. The bass had suffered a grievous injury, a broken head stock. I bought it in that condition and fixed it myself. As you can see from the photos it turned out very well. I left my wife shortly after I fixed the bass and she ended up in possession of the bass. The family court judge ruled that it was a "marital asset" so my ex allegedly hung onto it for who knows how long because it would be illegal to sell it. Today I got my divorce and when my lawyer asked where my bass was my ex said that it had been stolen from a car in Minneapolis in August of last year. This is an extremely rare and unique bass. The grain of the flame alone is, of course, totally unique. I can provide a serial number and proof of purchase through emails with the woman I bought it from as well as court documents. If anybody spots this bass anywhere, in particular the Minneapolis, MN area, or the La Crosse, WI area, please contact me right away.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. markcv

markcv Supporting Member

After these photos were taken I had a bone nut put on it in place of the brass Just-a-Nut. The pots were also very sticky as when I refreshed the tung oil on the bass I neglected to remove the pots and they got a little bit gummed up. My next project was going to be replacing the pots and knobs with new ones from Warwick. I had already replaced the original Warwick bridge with a brand new warwick bridge that I ordered from Germany as the old one was in very bad shape.

Attached Files:

3. markcv

markcv Supporting Member

I put this image together in photoshop showing a couple of distinguishing marks.

Attached Files:

4. markcv

markcv Supporting Member

Still hunting for my bass. :bawl:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

I watch CL in the Twin Cities very closely every day and hit most of the music stores in the area. I have been keeping a eye out for it sense you first posted and have not seen it.

I can not remember ever seeing a Streamer Stage 1 listed.
    I will let you know if I see one like it.

7. markcv

markcv Supporting Member

Good news guys! I got my bass back on Thursday!!! :) One of my fellow leftybassist board members texted me late at night early week before to tell me that my bass was on ebay. Sure enough, there it was! At the end of the whole thing the fellow that had it didn't know it was stolen and immediately offered to send it to me... no reward, he just asked that I pay for shipping which I was happy to do. It came back to me in excellent condition and with all the goodies still in the case, straps, spare bits and pieces, Tascam MP-BT1 Bass Trainer.

Still a bit numb here but very happy to have it back. Thanks to all who helped or offered to help. :D