Stoner/Doom Bassist Thread Part 13: The Lost Thread

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ampegfuzz, Mar 10, 2013.

1. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

2. mc_muench

mc_muench

sub'd cause I'm totally doing homework...

3. Sartori

Sartori

Well, like I mentioned earlier on the last thread, it's a really loud guitar cab. Never played bass through it, though, so I have no idea how well it would work.

4. ampegfuzz

Sold my univox hollow body today. Still thinning the herd. All my amps are in the shop too, I hope they are not expensive fixes.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassboysam

bassboysam

I am on a phaser kick right now. Pretty sure the Proton is a keeper as far as filters go, got my OD set and fuzz, just need my phaser now. The HBE is close but i think i can find better.

7. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

In at the opening of the time portal.

FYI, more Dunwich preamp clips in a bit.

8. mc_muench

mc_muench

Planned on using it as a guitar cab, maybe eventually throw some 12s that are good for guitar and bass duty, Delta Pro 12a's seem to be good for that.

This is all if I even get it. But one of these is what I'm looking for, one of the BIG peavey 412s, either a 412M or 412F, to match my Peavey PA200.

FOCUS MAX!!! Why cant homework do itself?

9. ampegfuzz

I almost went down that rabbit hole. I'll stick with my Phase 90 and EH 4800 small stone RI. :)

10. Ron Now

Ron Now

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    My favorite phasers that I owned was a 70's/80's small stone, and the Moog 12 stage.

But I would like to check out a blackout whetstone or infanem Faye sing. But I don't use phasers enough to warrant buying one.

11. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Love my small stone nano!

12. DethByDoom

DethByDoom Supporting Member

If you can find one the maestro ps1 is pretty bad ass.

13. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

Some more clips of the new Dunwich bass preamp. Recorded direct with a cab sim added in Logic (redwirez SVT 810 + Sennheiser MD421 centered on the cone). No compression or EQ added otherwise. Preamp settings were bass about 1 o'clock, treble around 2 o'clock and gain around 1 o'clock. A pretty straight forward, vintagey clean tone. I jammed out a few riffs on the Precision, fingerstyle and picked, first with just the clean preamp, then w/ W&C Pickle Pie B, then Fulltone OCD.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  14. bassboysam

bassboysam

I like the small stone but i want something thst can get into some crazier sounds.

15. Ron Now

Ron Now

Disclosures:
    Moog 12 stage
    Blackout effectors Whetstone
    Infanem Faye Sing

Just sayin...

16. dunwichamps

dunwichamps

Disclosures:
    Owner: Dunwich Amps
  17. bassboysam

bassboysam

thanks for the suggestions...I'll read up on them

18. Sartori

Sartori

Heh heh.

It's one of the few ported guitar cabs I've seen. Holy crap is it loud, though. I don't know how much low end it has, since the guitarist in my black metal band doesn't have massive crushing lows or anything.

19. Niff

Niff

i have a question for those who use 'big rigs' (ie. lots of cabs)

I have a 100 watt tube head I love the tone of that runs at 4/8/16 ohm. I run it at 4 ohms through my sunn 215 right now, and it's not quite the loudness I'd like for gigs.

if I ran it at 16 ohm through a 2x15 (4 ohm), a 4x10 (8 ohm) and a 2x12 (or 1x15) (4ohm) in series.. would this be a very extreme volume increase? or would i do better by simply getting a 200w head?

i have a 200w head right now through the 2x15 and it runs great and at the same volume, but i'm soon to return it to its original owner.

20. mc_muench

mc_muench

Generally more speakers = more loud, but I dont have graphs that prove this.

Before I added my 2x18s, I was running my 4x15s at a total of 2 ohms and the amp on 7 or 8. Now that I added the 2x18s, I run my whole setup at around 2.6 ohms and volume around 4. So theres that.

Wouldnt you have less watts running at 16 ohms? That means less headroom, which means more dirty, but that s probably a good thing. But that also could mean less volume...

21. Ron Now

Ron Now

Disclosures:
    Tube amps put out the same wattage no matter what the impedance is. But definitely make sure that impedance matches what the amp is set up as. The orange terror bass is one of the only SS amps I know of that will do the same wattage at 8 or 4ohms.

Adding more speakers will make you louder, but I can't attest to how much louder.